Fixing Whirlpool Refrigerator LED Lights Not Working
Refrigerators are an essential household appliance, and Whirlpool is one of the most popular brands. With its sleek and modern design, LED lights are an integral component of Whirlpool refrigerators. They provide ample illumination, making it easier to locate food items, especially at night. However, some users may experience issues with their Whirlpool refrigerator LED lights not working. This can be frustrating, but there are ways to fix it.
Reasons why LED lights are not working in a Whirlpool refrigerator
- Faulty LED control board: The LED control board regulates the power to the LED lights. If it is faulty, the lights may not work.
- Loose or damaged wiring: Vibrations caused by the refrigerator's compressor or doors opening and closing may lead to loose or damaged wiring, affecting the LED lights.
- Burnt-out LED lights: LED lights can also expire over time, just like traditional bulbs.
Troubleshooting tips for Whirlpool refrigerator LED lights
Here are some tips on how to troubleshoot issues with Whirlpool refrigerator LED lights:
- Check the control board: Unplug the refrigerator and remove the cover panel to access the LED control board. Inspect it for any signs of damage, such as burn marks or a swollen capacitor. If you see any damage, you will need to replace the control board.
- Inspect the wiring connection: Check the wiring connection for any loose or damaged wires. If you find any, you can try to reconnect them or replace any damaged wires.
- Replace the LED lights: If the control board and wiring are in good condition, the LED lights may be burnt out. Turn off the power to the refrigerator and locate the LED light module. Remove the old LED module and replace it with a new one.
Alternative options if the LED lights cannot be fixed
If the above troubleshooting tips do not fix the issue with the Whirlpool refrigerator LED lights, there are some alternative options to consider:
- Use a flashlight to see inside the refrigerator: This option may not be as convenient as having working LED lights, but it can do the trick in the meantime.
- Install stick-on LED lights inside the refrigerator: You can find stick-on LED lights that can be installed inside the refrigerator to provide sufficient illumination.
- Use a stand-alone lamp near the refrigerator: If the refrigerator is located in an area that already has enough light, you can place a lamp nearby to provide additional lighting.
Related: Samsung Fridge Not Cooling? Here's What You Need to Do
What are LED lights in a Whirlpool refrigerator?
LED lights are energy-efficient light-emitting diodes that illuminate the inside of the refrigerator.
Why aren't my Whirlpool refrigerator LED lights working?
The reasons could be a faulty LED control board, disconnection in wiring or burnt-out LED lights.
Can I fix my Whirlpool refrigerator LED lights myself?
Yes, you can fix LED lights in yourself if you have electrical knowledge and proper tools.
Is it dangerous to fix refrigerator LED lights yourself?
If you don't have proper knowledge and tools or don't disconnect the power supply, you could get injured or cause further damage.
How much will it cost to fix them?
The cost depends on the cause of the problem but replacing the LED lights could cost anywhere from $50-200.
Can I use a flashlight to see inside my refrigerator if the LED lights aren't working?
Yes, using a flashlight can be a temporary solution to see inside the refrigerator.
Can I install stick-on LED lights inside the refrigerator?
Yes, stick-on LED lights can be a simple solution if the existing LED lights cannot be fixed.
Can I use a stand-alone lamp near the refrigerator?
Yes, using a stand-alone lamp can be a quick solution to provide some light inside the refrigerator.
Can low voltage affect LED lights in a refrigerator?
Yes, low voltage can cause LED lights to malfunction.
When should I contact a professional for help?
Contact a professional if DIY troubleshooting is not successful, or if you are not sure what the issue is, to avoid further damage.
Mr. Smith looked inside his kitchen hoping to find the Whirlpool refrigerator brightly illuminated, but he was greeted with a dimly-lit refrigerator. He immediately went to check the LED lights, which he knew should be functioning properly. To his dismay, none of the LEDs were working, and he couldn't figure out what the issue was.
As Mr. Smith had no electrical training, he decided to contact his friend who had experience in fixing home appliances. However, he was informed that his friend was not available for another three days. Three days without proper lighting inside his refrigerator was too much for Mr. Smith, as he was used to quickly grabbing a snack anytime he felt the need.
He decided to review some refrigerator troubleshooting videos and articles online to find a solution. After watching countless videos and articles, Mr. Smith felt confident that he could fix the LEDs himself. He followed the instructions diligently and was finally able to fix the LEDs. The refrigerator was bright once again, and Mr. Smith was overjoyed that he had saved some money on a service call.
From that day on, Mr. Smith made sure he utilized online resources to troubleshoot all his home appliances before calling a service professional. It gave him a sense of accomplishment and helped him save a few dollars.
Based on: https://blogs.oregonstate.edu/econ439/2014/01/16/refridgerator-light-inside-freezer/
Whirlpool refrigerators with LED lights add a modern touch and an important practical feature to any kitchen. However, issues sometimes arise, such as the LED lights not working. This can be caused by a faulty control board, loose/damaged wiring, or burnt-out LED lights. By following the above troubleshooting tips, you can likely fix the issue. But if not, the alternative options of using a flashlight or installing stick-on LED lights may suffice until a permanent fix can be made. Remember, if you ever feel uncomfortable or unsure about repairing your Whirlpool refrigerator, it is best to seek professional help.